Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Monday to all who are reading this blog. I am going to try to keep it short tonight as it is nearing my bed time and I exercised entirely too much today.

All is quiet here in Lake Woebegone...er.. um... I mean the PK. I am still adjusting my schedule to include Bernard. This is the first time in my life that another living being has relied solely upon my care. It really makes me nervous but it also makes me happy at the same time. As I type he is asleep (finally) in my lap. He spent the first half of the day outside and he wasn't really happy about that. I have a giant back yard and he refuses to leave the back step. I cannot wait until he is old enough to run with me. Oh, and last night he wet the bed thus he will be sleeping in his box in the bathroom tonight. Washing a comforter by hand is time consuming.

Teaching is still crazy. Everyday I am handed something new to sign and not expected to read/understand it. I am convinced that I have actually agreed to live here permanently and will find out in two years when I try to leave. It wouldn't be so bad I guess. Its not like I am going to go back to the US and have my own house, this kind of job security or people who bring me random vegetables. I would however insist on changing the carpet and getting a new bed.

So last time I wrote I wanted to know opinions about the limits of God. And I feel that all who would read that statement would say "Cory, how dare you say God is limited... He(?) is GOD!" To which I say you are absolutely right. God, in my understanding, is limitless (except for intervening with the whole free-will thing (thanks Bruce Almighty)). But why then do so many believe that women who have abortions are going to hell. That homosexuals will join them and that adulterers are also condemned. Why put these limits on God's love? Why is God limitless in every aspect except for love? My God is a god of unfathomable love. UNFATHOMABLE! We cannot even begin to understand His great capacity for love nor do I think need to. We need to have faith that our God's love is beyond our comprehension and if we trust in that love, all will be right. Obviously, easier said than done. I know I am still working on it. I speak more on this later when I am not exhausted and can actually make points that are not repetitively redundant. I am off to bed...

Love, Laughter and Music,

Cory

PS - Please don't misunderstand earlier comments about abortion, homosexuality and adultery; I was not comparing them. I do not think homosexuality is a sin. Although if I did my therapist would be happy... these examples are VERY different and I was trying to name things under the category "Reasons People Say You Go to HELL"... can't you just see that on the $100,000 Pyramid....

No comments:

Post a Comment