Sunday, October 18, 2009

Laughter

Today I cannot stop laughing at the new experiences I get to have everyday. This has actually been the theme of the week. While yes there have been many many stresses (i.e. the 5th Grade), I just cannot wipe the smile from my face.
This actually got me into a little trouble at the my first parent teacher meeting this week. Maybe it was the ridiculousness of not understanding anything that was being said, maybe it was the parents coming in over an hour late or maybe it was the kindergarten class making faces at me, but I could not stop laughing. It wasn't an out loud guffaw but more of one of those silent, body shaking laughters. I tried biting my lip and thinking of something else but nothing seemed to work. What made it worse is that my counterpart started laughing with me as well as the music teacher. The three of us were just in the back laughing, occasionally getting looks from curious parents. I love those moments were words are not even needed to explain why something is funny and everyone knows it just is..... When we got to the topic of the Swine Flu, I really lost it. After over an hour of not understanding anything, understanding "SWINE FLU" in Bulgarian struck me as particularly amusing. Seeing how I have been sick all week, I leaned over to my counterpart and whispered that I in fact have the swine flu and have to go home and then we started laughing out loud. Thank God the meeting soon after and none of the other teachers were brave enough to try to ask me why we were laughing.
Something else that struck me as odd this week was having to take my 5th grade class to get some immunization. I have no idea what shot they received and I am thankful I knew how to decline the shot myself. ...
Finally, in the past two hours, I have had my furnace hooked up and was shown how to chop wood by a woman in heels... BG women are serious yo. This same lady gave me a TV and now I am watching Animal Planet.... thanks Bulgaria.

*************************************************************************************
Sorry for the sudden break, but as I am writing this blog, my life has gotten infinitely more insane. In the past 30 minutes I have been given two more puppies and a cat! WHAT!?!?!?!? How do I all of a suddenly have a freaking animal reserve in my house?!?!?!?! YIKES! Ummm... please some one help me out here... free cute puppies; first come first serve... the cat might go to Ingrid but I will have to wait and see... ummmmm.... Dr. Freakin Doolittle....
Cluelessly Yours,
CEO

The Two New Pups and Bernard looking pissed in the background

The New Cat I hope Ingrid will take... he/she is sweet just frightened right now

No comments:

Post a Comment