Friday, October 9, 2009

PUPPY!!!!!

Well guys, I no longer live alone. I now live with a 10 week old rat terrier mix named Bernard. Despite his initial hesitations, he has warmed up to the idea of living with me and even as I type he is asleep at my feet. All I have to say is that this dog has personality! I had mentioned naming him Argyle to which he looked at me, lowered his head and sighed. And yes, I am going to become one of those people who talks WAY to much about his dog... I mean, I have wanted a puppy since college. This is just perfect timing I feel.

This puppy however was not the best part of my day. Bernard was just the icing on the cake. I had wonderful week at school, I patched things up with my dad, and even got to talk to him on skype. I talked to my kids about starting a "Sports Club" (who would of thought that I would help start a sports club?) and we decided to meet every Monday and Friday and play games and exercise. I even talked to an 8th grader about why she should quit smoking. I also scheduled my first adult English class and made signs (in Bulgarian (with some help)) and now I just have to put them up. Overall, my energy is really high and I am excited about what I am doing with my life.

This also makes me stop and think how easy it is to "find God" in these good times when we are happy. I guess it has always struck me as odd that we are always God's "Fair Weather Friend". We treat him like a sports team. When they are winning everyone loves them, but the moment they stop winning, our support stops too. My point is that its easy to thank God for the sunshine and goodness but hard to find th desire to thank Him for the rain and tragedy. Its hard to thank Him for what can sometimes hurt. However, I think that in my own life, I can better find where God is in the times of tragedy than in times of joy. Looking back at the previous paragraph, how many times did I mention "I"? Ummm... alot. I get excited by the joy and the successes that I simply get swept away. I tend to like to take all the credit when I do not fully deserve it. It makes me feel good, What I am failing to realize is that if I shared credit with God, I would feel better and have a better understanding of his works. The comfort of knowing God's hands were a part of my life today makes me feel better, and with this comfort in mind, I have to go to bed...

Leke Nosht,

Cory

PS - There is always at least one "PS"... I was wondering people's thoughts on two things 1) Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize and 2) your thoughts on a limited God...

No comments:

Post a Comment